Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another year has passed!!....

OH MY GOODNESS... I can't believe I have let a year pass me by without blogging. Even if I don't update, I do read the rest of yours occassionally. Although I have not been on the blogspot much with all of the things that have occured throughout the last year.
I praise the Lord that He put some of the memories out of the minds of those in pain while they were in the hospital, although the rest of us we will remember for some time. Another point of memories that God can take care of; for the longest time all I could remember of papa were the last few months and how rough things were for not only him but for what gma was having to go through. I was worried that I would not ever be able to remember the good times because of those that I could not get out of my head. At the time, pictures were not even helping. It has been almost 7 months and I the old times are coming back. Thank you Lord for some answered prayers.
Christmas was very difficult, but MY SANTA was there in spirit and in the love of his family.
He was just such a jokester, even to this day he is making us laugh. The other day Audrey was trying to get some M&Ms out of one of his despensers, some of those heart candies that have the little messages came out of it. He must have put them in there last year. I do miss him a great deal, but would not wish him back to this ole world. I will see him again. He is telling gma Audrey about her namesake that is here :)

You know, the saying of "you never realize how much something means to you until it is gone" is so true. Hold on to the ones you love for just an extra minute and tell 'em you love them.

HUGS to you all. I LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

Cool Grandma said...

Bless you Angie. I know it must be very difficult for all of you. I am glad those good memories are starting to return...because I know there are many of them. It is great to hear a word from you.

Love You,
Aunt LaNell

Katie said...

Glad to "hear" from you too. And still sorry for your loss. I know your Papa was a special man. He left behind a great legacy.

Love You!

green6 said...

Hey Ang! Glad to see you posted! :) Great post! Sorry I distanced myself from the rougher days because i knew my lil ones were too much in addition to papa. I have the fond memories that flood on regular basis, as you know when an old song we used to sing together at church is sung or lead today "What a day that'll be". Standing there trying to sing that song, it was like I could feel his arm around me again while we sang! (as i have to wipe a tear now :) Love you and thanks for what you mean to me as well!

Angie said...

Usually I am not able to sing those songs, that were his favorites. Like the old rugged cross, I had a hard time singing that one Sunday.